32 studies reviewed and analyzed by the British Journal of Sports Medicine showed that people who regularly practice physically active yoga are likely to have fewer symptoms of depression than people who use other types of interventions. Yoga types included in the study were Hatha, Vinyasa, SVYASA, Kundalini, and Kripalu. The meetings took place weekly and lasted between 20 and 90 minutes.
iStock Stígur Már Karlsson / Heimsmyndir
See also Deepen your self-esteem with this gentle, holistic yoga therapy and meditation practice
Try this simple hatha exercise
1. Start in Sukhasana (Easy Pose).
2. After a few breaths, bring your right arm above your head and straighten into a side bend. Repeat on the other side.
3. Next, stretch out both arms in front of you and come into Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend). For a deeper stretch, straighten both legs in a V shape.
Thank you for watching!Visit the website
4. Next, place your left arm on top of your left leg and bring your right arm over your head to stretch into a side bend.
5. Repeat on the other side.
6. Quit in Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose).
See Also This healing sequence designed for first aiders can help us all overcome life’s challenges